The STC India Bangalore Chapter is excited to open up the registrations for the One-Day Regional Conference scheduled for October 31. The conference venue is Micro Focus (formerly Novell). You’ll see the agenda has been prepared keeping in lines with the trends and techniques of technical communication.
We had invited papers from the community and after a detailed review the attached agenda has been finalized. All together, the conference presents 14 presentations of 45 minutes each and a panel discussion.
We thank the speakers, organizers, judges and everyone for coming out and making the event so far. We have speakers from Chennai, Pune, and Hyderabad traveling to attend the event. Thank you! We want participants utilizing the maximum opportunities that STC India Chapter offers. It’s your chapter made for you only so make the most out of it.
How to register for the conference:
Click here to register for the Regional conference.
|Time||Topics (Hall 1)||Topics (Hall 2)|
|9:30 -10:00||Registration and welcome note|
|10.00-10:45||Introduction to Big Data– Pradeep Kumar (Novell)||Minimalism in Documentation & the role of DITA– Sai Prasad Nair (TCS)|
|10:45- 11:30||Exploring semantics: Making a difference to content dissemination– Lakshmi Jois (Unisys)||Preparation for interviews- Vivek Rajalingam (One Network)|
|11:45-12:30||How HTML 5.0 can optimize OnlineHelp– Paul Louis (HP)||Introduction to Cloud Computing – Pradeep Kumar Chaturvedi (Novell)|
|12:30-1:15||Localization and Socialization – Sarita P Desai (Mayflower)||Augmented Reality and Technical Communication– Amit Pujar (HP)|
|1:15-2:00||Lunch Break & Group Photo|
|2:00-2:45||Conducting Interviews: Is this an Art or Science or Both– -Srikant Dash (Unisys)||Setting your startup-Rajdeep Gupta (Blue Dots Consultancy Services)|
|2:45-3:30||ClouDocs for Documentation Management and Rich user experience– Amit Pujar (HP)||Best practices in Technical Writing and Editing- Vivek Rajalingam (One Network)|
|3:45-4:30||Intelligent User Assistance-Mythri (ADP)||Cybersecurity in the Cloud- Arindam Saha (Novell)|
|4:30-5:15||Panel Discussion: “The Future of Technical Communication” Moderated by Rajdeep, panel members: TBA|
|5:30-6:00||Vote of thanks and prize distribution|
- Both STC members whose membership is valid till 2015, and Regional Conference speakers can attend the event for free.
- Non-STC members must pay Rs. 500 each to attend the event. You need to make your payment first, keep the transaction details with you, and then complete the registration form. The bank details are provided in the conference form.
- If you are making payment for multiple participants, ensure you fill up the conference form for each participant. Mention the transaction # same in all the forms. STC India is not responsible for your negligence in this matter.
- No discount for any group registration.
- Registration fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- We accept payment only through online mode. No cheque or DD is accepted. We also won’t accept payment in cash.
STC India acknowledges:
- Novell for sponsoring the conference venue and logistics.
- Blue Dots Consultancy Services for sponsoring the conference mementos and certificates for the event.
Point of contact:
STC Treasurer for 2015, Mr. Naveen D Cruz. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Naveen would be sending a confirmation mail only to the participants’ mail IDs as soon as he verifies the transaction details. Please give him some time to acknowledge your payment. Do not worry! if you have made the payment and have all the necessary transaction details, you will attend the event.
Here’s the address:
Laurel’, Block ‘D’, 65/2,
Bagmane Tech Park,
C. V. Raman Nagar,